Granny Smith apples. Romain lettuce. A fresh cucumber. I only eat this stuff when it’s in my margarita. I must say that this is refreshing and quite gorgeous – a bright green in hue. Decorate the rim with a little salt and spike with your favorite silver tequila. They’ll never believe what’s in it. http://bit.ly/1yaN5Nv
- Lime wedge, for rim of glass, plus lime slice, for garnish
- Coarse salt, for rim of glass
- 2 ounces Super Green Juice, recipe follows
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
Super Green Juice
- 1 to 2 large, juicy lemons, peel and pith removed
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed hearty greens, such as spinach or kale
- Juice, in this order: the lemons, apple, romaine, cucumber and greens, following your juicer’s specific settings for each. Serve the juice immediately over ice, if desired.
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with a wedge of lime, and then roll the glass at an angle in the salt so that only the outside of the glass is salted.
- Combine the Super Green Juice, tequila and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into the prepared glass over ice. Garnish with a slice of lime.